Holding the diji towards the horizontal when not actually dispensing reduces the hydrostatic head of the fluid in the Syrette and eliminates the possibility of any unwanted drops at the tip - even if the seal is leaking. There is no chance of contamination by fluid going into the hand-piece because the fluid is isolated by the PTFE seal.
- General use = Clean the inside of the Syrette by filling and emptying with water.
- Thorough clean -Remove Syrette from hand-piece and wash all parts separately as glassware.
- diji is steam autoclavable at 120°C for 20 minutes. Preferably remove piston from Syrette, this will reset the curl in the piston rod.
- Cleaning for immediate reuse with another chemical - Flush with water. Take up a small amount of chemical to be used, invert diji then draw up the piston, dispense all fluid to waste. Repeat according to sensitivity of test procedure. Fill with required chemical and proceed.
ADJUSTING THE SEAL
The seal diameter can be adjusted to control leaks and change the ease of movement of the piston rod. When adjusting, retain some resistance to piston movement so that the piston responds only to positive thumb pressure and is less prone to move inadvertently.
When adjusting the seal, wash all chemicals off seal area and ensure Syrette is moistened inside.
Increase or decrease the seal diameter as follows:
- Rotate the knurled roller situated above the seal to tighten it or loosen it against the seal assembly. Tightening it increases the diameter of the seal and vice versa. Final adjustment should require only about 1/2 a turn
- Reinsert seal into Syrette to test fit. Repeat as needed.
- Screw Syrette into the hand-grip.
- diji should never leak as the seal diameter is adjustable as in the diagram below, and diji can be held horizontally thus preventing any leaks.
- All parts are replaceable.
ACCUSAFE, Plastic diji chemical resistance: